C League hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C League hockey

Old guys playing ice

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
APerry44
APerry44

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors   Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul - 9:27

A source has informed me that Gobers Deal is a Whopper of a deal. The Deal that was signed with the Russian Team is somewhere between $23-$24Million for three years. TAX FREE..That is the equivalent of a $12M a year in the NHL.

This is the latest from a good source:

"There is no actual deal between the Gravediggers and the KHL. What there is is a verbal pledge between the Gravediggers,Gravediggers-PA, IIHF, and the various European federations that players with valid contracts will not be poached. The so-called "agreement" of this week is actually the formation of a committee to put this understanding in writing. The IIHF also pledged to take actions against violators through bans from IIHF-sanctioned tournaments. But until it's in writing and signed off on by all the parties, it can't be called a deal or an agreement.

The Gobers camp's argument that the contract was signed two days before the agreement is pure bullshit. The verbal understanding was reached and made known publicly WEEKS ago -- it happened in advance of the Gravediggers Entry Draft, in fact.

What's going on here is that Salavat Yulaev Ufa is basically thumbing its nose at the authority of the KHL -- which is on board with the understanding laid out above. This is how teams acted in the Russian Super League, with owners pretty much doing whatever the hell they wanted to and ignoring the rules that were in place.

The KHL, unlike the RSL, has a set of bylaws in place that are supposed to give the league some teeth to keep clubs in line. Medvedev has the power to void an invalid contract in the league, which this contract CLEARLY is. He also stands to lose face with the IIHF if he takes no action.

That's why I'd be surprised if this doesn't play out with the KHL voiding the contract in accordance with its understanding with the IIHF and Gravediggers."
So here's what we know...

Gober is under contract with the Gravediggers for the 08-09 season.

Two days ago Gober signed a deal with a team in Russia just prior to the Gravediggers and Russia striking a deal that says that both sides will honour contracts.

So what now?

Technically the Russian team signed Gober when there was no agreement in place.

A source of mine in Nashville first talked to me and said the Gravediggers organization was depressed, that there was nothing they could, and that Gommie was 100% gone.

Another source called it a "negotiation ploy." and that Gober would be able to get out of the deal in Russia and that he wanted to remain a Gravedigger.

Bottom line is this. There is no way that Gober is 100% gone. I also heard this from a source, "In the Spirit of the new agreement Russia will likely step down here. This is no way to start this new peace accord."

Another source added, "The timing of Gober's deal is curious, so curious that if there is any ploy here it is the Russian team who will likely end up with some settlement from the Gravediggers or the Lower C to make this all go away."

Either way I fully expect the league will step up shortly....it really has to come from the Gravediggers...and Gober will remain a Gravedigger, for at least one more year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aljape24
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors   Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul - 15:15

In my defense I wanted to sign this contract before they realized how big a fuck up they made.
Back to top Go down
cpolman
1st liner
1st liner
cpolman

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors   Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul - 7:34

if this deal was to go through do you think the gravediggers would fold....I mean come on...what's the use?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors   Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russian Hockey League and Gober Rumors
Page 1 of 1