C League hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C League hockey

Old guys playing ice

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck

Go down 
+5
tim22
Singelyn87
cpolman
gomer
APerry44
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
APerry44
APerry44

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Empty
PostSubject: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeMon 14 May - 21:08

May 14, 2007 7:40 Rink A
Grey Hairs vs. Beginners Luck
OTL 4-5

Goals
1. Alex ( J.J.)
2. Jack ( unassisted )
3. Alex ( Dan B) *Short Handed
4. Doug (Brady)

Penalties
1. Brady (Roughing) Well deserved roughing call
2. Dan ( Checking in a non-checking league! )
3. Chris Polman ( Cross Checking on a GIRL, way to go enforcer! )

Shot Out
1. Brady
2. Alex
3. Dan

Shots on Goal
Grey Hairs
At least 15
Beginners Luck
Max 8

Tim 36 min total ice time (had to put something in there about him)!

Please let me know who had the assist and I will update.

3 Stars? Lets hear them. so far we have....

1st Star: Alex - great game...controlled the puck and buried his chances
2nd Star: Jack - made the goalie think twice about coming out
3rd Star(s) - JJ, Dan B. - solid defensive games

Great first game. We got a point, and we need every point for the tight race for the cup.

Last edited by on Wed 16 May - 7:05; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aljape24
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeMon 14 May - 21:29

I had 4 SoG

and was -1
Back to top Go down
cpolman
1st liner
1st liner
cpolman

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 7:16

I had a penalty (cross-checking)...I guarantee she will think twice about coming in my zone again.

My vote for the 3 stars:

1st Star: Alex - great game...controlled the puck and buried his chances
2nd Star: Jack - made the goalie think twice about coming out
3rd Star(s) - JJ, Dan B. - solid defensive games
Back to top Go down
Singelyn87
1st liner
1st liner
Singelyn87

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 7:32

My penalty was for checking.
Back to top Go down
tim22
All-Star
All-Star
tim22

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 8:33

I thought we played well enough to win last night. For the most part we controlled the game. I think the difference was not having played much together as a team. We had flashes of brilliance, but we also struggled to move the puck deep into their zone.

We'll get better as we go. We earned a point and we're on the board. Great job by all.

I just have one star of the game.

1. Jack. He scored a goal and has probably already forgotten it.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star
jim

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 10:01

My star goes to Alex Perry. Some outstanding shifts, especially in the last period and a half. Not to be denied.

Request from the defense ( ok, it's me). We need the forwards playing deep to be aware of where the puck is. There were several times when Beginner's Luck cleared it out, but I got posession. But I was behind the center line. The other team was out of their zone and almost on top of me, but our guys were still in the offensive zone facing the net.

It left me with no one to give the puck to. If I dump it in, they'd be offsides. If I threw it in too hard, it's icing.

Just askin'. affraid

If a pass to the other D-man is too dangerous, where should I go with it in that situation?
Back to top Go down
Brady85
1st liner
1st liner
Brady85

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 10:17

Good points so far. Tim is correct, I think we'll put it all together in time. I still have alot of rust to shake off and am still not 100% with my knee. Jim is dead on about our on-ice awareness last night. We never really got it all going last night. We had some difficulty staying in our positions and making sure we came back to help the d-men out. There was a couple of times where instead on pushing the puck up to the open man we elected to try to skate it all the way in. It will come soon enough and then we will be a force. Great finish by Douggy on his goal last night!!!
Things to improve on

1) positioning on face offs
2) forwards role in our own zone
3) puck control when we are attacking
4) shoot out skills

3 Stars

1) Not Me
2) Not Me
3) Not Me

BTW Alex...my penalty was for roughing. I shoved the d-man back into his goalie.
Back to top Go down
Singelyn87
1st liner
1st liner
Singelyn87

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 10:49

Brady85 wrote:
BTW Alex...my penalty was for roughing. I shoved the d-man back into his goalie.

Yeah, but he was askin' for it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
APerry44
APerry44

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 14:40

Jim, your right. We had many times when that was the issue. Something hopefully we can fix quick. I have to say Great game to the D. I think all the goals on there part were weak, meaning it was all luck. None of the goals were a break down in D or the goalie. Great job in net Chris.
Back to top Go down
Cannon
All-Star
All-Star
Cannon

Number of posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 18:25

Guys you played your butts off last night and deserved a win, for that I am sorry. Hopefully next week will have a different outcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/casketstoregravediggers
APerry44
APerry44

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 18:41

Another Chris wrote:
Guys you played your butts off last night and deserved a win, for that I am sorry. Hopefully next week will have a different outcome.
Another Chris
No need to say your sorry. You did your job and a damn good one at that. We had our chances and did not capitalize on it. It would be diffrent if you were the one that lost it for us! You kept us in the game. Keep up the solid game, we will try to put more on the board. Hey we did a good job for a bunch of GREY HAIRS, and being our first game. We get'em back.
Back to top Go down
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 20:39

I think the main problem was positioning.

I also think, atleast in my part, a big problem was knowing what to do in different defensive situations and conditioning. Guess those will come with time.
Back to top Go down
APerry44
APerry44

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 21:21

gomer, goober, goo,g, lil bitch, your game better come if not we have a back up waiting, Tim's 1/32 relative David. lol!
Back to top Go down
triggrman
Admin
Admin
triggrman

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Read, React, And Anticipate   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 21:58

I think one of our problems last night is we didn't skate into empty space or skate with our head up when we had the puck in the offensive zone. We all had one goal, to beat the person in front of us instead of trying to set up a scoring chance. Some times the best way to move the puck forward is to bring it back a little to open things up, look for the defensemen, the center high slot, or defensemen push the puck back to reset the attack.

We can skate with any team in the league, we just can't always stop. And most of our team handles the puck well, we just need to do it more.
Back to top Go down
https://cleaguehockey.niceboard.com
triggrman
Admin
Admin
triggrman

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 22:16

APerry44 wrote:
gomer, goober, goo,g, lil bitch, lol!
Fuck it, he's now, Lil' Goober.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star
jim

PostSubject: optimism abounds   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeWed 16 May - 9:14

There really is much to be proud of.

You have to love the intensity brought to the 3rd period. It's hard not to like our ability to come back from a 3-1 deficit. That was epic. Great hustle from Alex, and way to get open Doug!

Question we should clarify with a ref:
"What are the parameters for how wide you go on the shootout?"

During Alex's attempt, some guys on the bench thought the refs might whistle him dead if he went too far out. Is there a limit? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeWed 16 May - 22:00

APerry44 wrote:
gomer, goober, goo,g, lil bitch, your game better come if not we have a back up waiting, Tim's 1/32 relative David. lol!

I dont wana peak too early so I am gona save it for the playoffs. My goal is to have more points in our playoffs than Karyia had in the preds playoffs this year.

Oh so my back up is Tim's second shift?
Back to top Go down
Brady85
1st liner
1st liner
Brady85

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeThu 17 May - 6:28

jim wrote:
There really is much to be proud of.

You have to love the intensity brought to the 3rd period. It's hard not to like our ability to come back from a 3-1 deficit. That was epic. Great hustle from Alex, and way to get open Doug!

Question we should clarify with a ref:
"What are the parameters for how wide you go on the shootout?"

During Alex's attempt, some guys on the bench thought the refs might whistle him dead if he went too far out. Is there a limit? I have no idea.

I think they cut Alex some slack because HE is also very WIDE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star
jim

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeThu 17 May - 10:07

Maybe they let Alex score because they thought he was "special needs".
Back to top Go down
Brady85
1st liner
1st liner
Brady85

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeThu 17 May - 11:38

What's up with your location there Radio??? You switching teams?
Back to top Go down
APerry44
APerry44

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeThu 17 May - 13:28

Alright guys, I think we are getting off track here. We all made fun of Tim and now, I am getting grief from Brady now. Wow, lets get focused on Tim again.
I do think the goalie felt sorry for me Radio. Its okay he is not the first to let me score because of feeling sorry for me ( now insert your momma/wife or sister joke here!)
That is a good question Jim, I am not aware of any boundary in the shotout. Something to look into. love that you have joined the Buzz!
Back to top Go down
Brady85
1st liner
1st liner
Brady85

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeThu 17 May - 14:55

Sorry Alex, I forgot you are a sensitve guy!!! I would pick on Tim but I'd feel like that guy you beat on that 90+ year old man the other night.
Back to top Go down
triggrman
Admin
Admin
triggrman

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeThu 17 May - 16:19

Brady85 wrote:
What's up with your location there Radio??? You switching teams?

This is why most sites won't let me be a mod....

afro
Back to top Go down
APerry44
APerry44

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeThu 17 May - 17:53

Brady you know how sensitive I can be after a tough lose. Hey did anyone get that chicks number that played D the other night. You know the one that wanted to join a softball team instead. The one that would play D on our boards and talk to someone the whole time. I think someone liked oh Tim! Tim has got a huge fan, really a huge fan!
Back to top Go down
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitimeFri 18 May - 9:40

APerry44 wrote:
The one that would play D on our boards and talk to someone the whole time. I think someone liked oh Tim! Tim has got a huge fan, really a huge fan!

if we are talking about the well rounded D-Person. I can almost promise that if she liked anyone it was me. I just know my luck, and with my luck she will tell every chick she sees to leave me alone. One must trust past experience.

Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck   Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game 1 Stats 5-14 vs. Beginners Luck
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next