C League hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C League hockey

Old guys playing ice

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to play the Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2007-04-19

How to play the Game Empty
PostSubject: How to play the Game   How to play the Game Icon_minitimeMon 21 May - 22:09

Ok I guess basically in the Defensive zone I am lost. I worked playing D in all the roller hockey games and typically when I watch hockey I watch the D.

I know on one shift I went down low because I saw a free guy in the slot. In my mind I knew I was leaving the D Man open at the point, but I thought the guy in the slot was more important to have a guy on.

Was that wrong? I mean I know leaving a guy open isnt good, but really that was the (including our practices) 5th time I have played on ice with 5 ppl.
Back to top Go down
triggrman
Admin
Admin
triggrman

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: How to play the Game   How to play the Game Icon_minitimeMon 21 May - 22:36

When you pull of that point though it allows them an outlet to keep control. They want you to peel off, you can chase a puck all night and never catch it. I know you think you're helping the d out but you're not, just stay on your man, if he pinches, cover him.
Back to top Go down
https://cleaguehockey.niceboard.com
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

PostSubject: Re: How to play the Game   How to play the Game Icon_minitimeMon 21 May - 22:42

ok

Cause it feels like you arent doing anything when U are hanging back covering a high DMan.
Back to top Go down
Brady85
1st liner
1st liner
Brady85

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: How to play the Game   How to play the Game Icon_minitimeTue 22 May - 6:52

In a perfect world the our 2 wingers pick up the point men, the two d-men control the area down low and our center picks up where he is needed.
At times last night we looked like the little kids that play soccer and just chase the ball all over. I'm one of the mian culprits in chasing the puck but that comes from playing center most of my life.
Back to top Go down
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

PostSubject: Re: How to play the Game   How to play the Game Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun - 21:47

So Trigg since you got to analyze the game a little better tonight was that better?
Back to top Go down
triggrman
Admin
Admin
triggrman

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: How to play the Game   How to play the Game Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jun - 1:48

gomer wrote:
So Trigg since you got to analyze the game a little better tonight was that better?
I think I must have slept with that refs girlfriend at some point in life.
Back to top Go down
https://cleaguehockey.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to play the Game   How to play the Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to play the Game
Page 1 of 1