C League hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C League hockey

Old guys playing ice

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny

Go down 
+3
gomer
jim
APerry44
7 posters
AuthorMessage
APerry44
APerry44

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Empty
PostSubject: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov - 14:42

Nov. 18, 2007 @ 10:10 Rink B
Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny

Last Meeting W 3-1
L 4-7

Will Gomer go for a 4 game point streak? Or will he just streak for Eddie?
Goals
1. Alex ( Doug)
2. Alex (Bill W)
3. Brady (TIMe)
4. Bill W (JJ)

Penalties
NONE

Blue Velvet, Mahogany Wood, Brass handles Casket,

3 Stars of the game are as follows:

I not going to say any stars, there defense man that got a hat trick there goalie. He made some great stops. I dont knwo and dont care at this point, I freak hate to lose!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aljape24
jim
All-Star
All-Star
jim

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: me also hate losing   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 13:51

Everyone who posts... name 1 thing we can do better Sunday against a very good Ice Pigs team.

Here's mine. Less chasing when they have the puck in our zone (especially down low). In the following government subsidized diagram, we are in black. The opposing team in pink. Hee hee, cause they're gay. Hee hee.

If the d men stay in front of the net, there's not much they can do with it. If a d man chases into the corner, there's an opening in front. If the winger comes back down low, their point man is open. If we get control of the puck, we don't have him there along the boards to pass to and help get it out.

Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny HockeyRinkINOURZONE

And that's one asshat's opinion.
Back to top Go down
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 14:54

I think we should remember that if we do get caught chasing, its ok for us to icethe puck, plus if we have the 2 jack ass refs we did last night there is a good chance they wont even call it.

Also I think that the chasing partiallly happens cause we are tired.

I also noticed last night that several times we changed lines at very bad times.
Back to top Go down
tim22
All-Star
All-Star
tim22

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 15:35

jim wrote:
Everyone who posts... name 1 thing we can do better Sunday against a very good Ice Pigs team.

Here's mine. Less chasing when they have the puck in our zone (especially down low). In the following government subsidized diagram, we are in black. The opposing team in pink. Hee hee, cause they're gay. Hee hee.

If the d men stay in front of the net, there's not much they can do with it. If a d man chases into the corner, there's an opening in front. If the winger comes back down low, their point man is open. If we get control of the puck, we don't have him there along the boards to pass to and help get it out.

Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny HockeyRinkINOURZONE

And that's one asshat's opinion.

The C should be puck side and pressuring if the D's are staying home in front, with the Wings up high puck side and high center. We had too many F's trying to pressure low, with no one available for an outlet pass.....among many other mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Cannon
All-Star
All-Star
Cannon

Number of posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 15:40

It looked like we were playing "on our heels" in the 2nd & 3rd. We play much better when we are agressive in their zone and make them play defense.

They loaded up on that one line and beat us all night with it. And our goalie pretty much sucked all night.

I blame Lunchbox, I was wondering what was on my helmet all night and could not concentrate on the game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/casketstoregravediggers
APerry44
APerry44

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 15:41

I would have to agree with both John and Gomer. Couple points from me, the non expert at hockey.
Point 1
There were many times when I would go up to the D man with the puck and he would pass it off to the other D man. The forwards were not in position. Not saying I was at anytime, just making a comment.
Point 2
If a man like #21 from last night comes in the slot, put him on his ass. He came down so many times and we were either going after the puck, which he took it around us, or not pushing him out. The first game when we played the the D did a fantastic job keeping him pushed out. The forwards did a great job making sure he didn't start going straight to the goal. We did not do this last night as forwards or D.
Point 3
We had so many passes/ little dumps to NO ONE. We have to be able to get the puck and look up to see where someone is at. Several time we did this. Doug made a great pass off the boards to open ice were I was heading. Little things like that will get us back where we were as a TEAM!!!
Point 4
Gomer needs to get more goals. He was hot and on a point streak, well Gomer, I hate to say it but I think you screwed us last night.. joking Would of liked you to have scored so you could be ahead of Tootoo "Officially"
Like I said this is little stuff from a NON expert so take it as that.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
APerry44
APerry44

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 15:46

Another Chris wrote:
It looked like we were playing "on our heels" in the 2nd & 3rd. We play much better when we are agressive in their zone and make them play defense.

They loaded up on that one line and beat us all night with it. And our goalie pretty much sucked all night.

I blame Lunchbox, I was wondering what was on my helmet all night and could not concentrate on the game!

Dave, I will take full blame sir!
Back to top Go down
tim22
All-Star
All-Star
tim22

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 17:27

APerry44 wrote:
Another Chris wrote:

Dave, I will take full blame sir!

I didn't realize we had the radio guy in goal....we should stick with the chiropractor or the dentist in goal.
Back to top Go down
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 18:39

Also another problem we had sun night was our wing pairings got messed up because of people staying out longer.

I think we have done better in the games that we had some consistancy in our wings. The D have their pairings that they stay with most games (unless someone is out) and it lets them know each others tendencies.

The centers seem to not care mostly which wings they are paired with. As long as we know where their draws typically go, or they direct us, they seem fine.

With the wingers, atleast with myself, it helps if we can stay mostly together.

I think mayeb the game plan of rotating centers, but wingers staying together might not have gotten told to everyone.

Maybe we should take a few mins before we start to get a game plan together.
Back to top Go down
triggrman
Admin
Admin
triggrman

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 19:17

gomer wrote:
I think we should remember that if we do get caught chasing, its ok for us to icethe puck, plus if we have the 2 jack ass refs we did last night there is a good chance they wont even call it.

Also I think that the chasing partiallly happens cause we are tired.

I also noticed last night that several times we changed lines at very bad times.
This has been a problem all year. You should never change when the puck is in the defensive zone.
Back to top Go down
https://cleaguehockey.niceboard.com
Cannon
All-Star
All-Star
Cannon

Number of posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov - 21:33

Radio John, did you grab my jersey?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/casketstoregravediggers
Brady85
1st liner
1st liner
Brady85

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov - 7:28

I agree with the playing your position in the defensive zone theory. I also wish we wouldn't panic so much with the puck. The key to us winning is puck possesion. We play like we are afraid to stick handle and carry the puck a little. I think before the game we work just a couple of little situations and how we can improve. Don't know who all is heading out of town for thanksgiving but I would be up for a chalk talk session to get us all on the same page.

Things like:
Positions in the offensive, defensive and neutral zone.
Catching passes.
optimum TOI for forward lines and d-pairings

I could do it friday or saturday for anyone who wants to.
Back to top Go down
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov - 9:08

Works for me,

I mean even if we jsut show up early for the game is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star
jim

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: I'll look   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov - 10:19

I'll look for your jersey. If I have it, I'll get it back to you Sunday cleaned and pressed. Ancient Chinese Secret!

excellent points all. Your right TIMe. The Center should be the one chasing low if the D has the net covered.

The bottom line is... it's all Gomer's fault.

I'm up for chalk talk. I'm out of town until Friday after lunch. Before the game is cool.
Back to top Go down
gomer
All-Star
All-Star
gomer

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov - 13:03

I blame alex for his jinxing of the goalie and of my points streak.
Back to top Go down
APerry44
APerry44

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov - 13:38

I am up for some dirty talk, I mean chalk talk. I think brady5 makes the strongest point. Well because he is the strongest man-woman. We are quick to give up the puck. Thats the main and most fustrating point. We all can handle the puck, well Gobber can't but thats another story. I am just glad he is not coming back next season, right Gomer!!! Lets work hard and kick some ass next week. This losing shit sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny   Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game 11 Stats Grave Diggers vs. Mutiny
Page 1 of 1